Text of a Letter from the President to the Speaker of the House of Representatives and the President of the Senate
NATIONAL SECURITY & DEFENSE
Issued on: June 11, 2020
Dear Madam Speaker: (Dear Mr. President:)
Pursuant to the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (IEEPA) (50 U.S.C. 1701 et seq.) and the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1601 et seq.), I hereby report I have issued an Executive Order (the “order”) that declares a national emergency with respect to the attempts by the International Criminal Court (ICC) to assert authority over United States personnel without the consent of the United States, and over personnel of countries that are allies of the United States without these governments’ consent.
根據《國際緊急經濟權力法》(IEEPA)（美國法典50卷1701 條）和《國家緊急狀態法》（美國法典50 卷1601 條），我特此報告，我已發布一項行政命令（以下簡稱”命令”），宣布關於國際刑事法院（ICC）企圖再未經美國同意的情況下，對美國人員以及在未經美國盟國政府的同意下，對其成員實行國家緊急狀態。
The order blocks the property and interests in property of foreign persons determined by the Secretary of State, in consultation with the Secretary of the Treasury and the Attorney General:
- To have directly engaged in any effort by the ICC to investigate, arrest, detain, or prosecute any United States personnel without the consent of the United States;
- • 直接參與了國際刑事法院在未經美國政府的同意下所進行的調查、逮捕、拘留或起訴美國人員的行動;
- To have directly engaged in any effort by the ICC to investigate, arrest, detain, or prosecute any personnel of a country that is an ally of the United States without the consent of that country’s government;
- To have materially assisted, sponsored, or provided financial, material, or technological support for, or goods or services to or in support of, any activity described in subsection (a)(i)(A) or (a)(i)(B) of the order or any person whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to the order; and
- To be owned or controlled by, or to have acted or purported to act for or on behalf of, directly or indirectly, any person whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to this order.
I have delegated to the Secretary of the Treasury, in consultation with the Secretary of State, the authority to take such actions, including adopting rules and regulations, to employ all powers granted to the President by IEEPA as may be necessary to implement the order.
Under section 212(f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952 (8 U.S.C. 1182(f)), the order also suspends the unrestricted immigrant and nonimmigrant entry into the United States of aliens, and their immediate family members, and persons designated by the Secretary of State to be employed by, or acting as an agent of, the ICC.
I am enclosing a copy of the order I have issued.
DONALD J. TRUMP