- August 20, an explosion occurred at the Yongxiang Chemical Plant in Wutongqiao, Leshan, Sichuan. The gas leaked and the residents of the city fled. On the that day, the government denied that there was a gas leak, but the next day it said that a small amount of chlorinated hydrogen mist was leaked and emitted. The authorities concealed it.
- Chongqing encountered once-in-a-century flooding, and the entire city was soaked in water. Only the roofs of single-story buildings can be seen. Water still gushes up from the underground tunnel below. What is absurd is that it has not rained recently in Chongqing. The fact is that there are 50,000 dams in the Yangtze River basin.
- The CCP attributed the food crisis to food waste, saying that food waste was related to criminal activities, and wasting food has been defined as a crime. People living in the Communist China has no human rights, no Rule of law, and no freedom of speech. The fertile fields in 27 provinces have suffered from floods, locust plagues and epidemics.
- (Bill Gertz, 8/19) (On Cai Xia’s being expelled from the CCP) I think there are voices in the party which are starting to recognize that this is a mafia state, these families are corrupt, they’re stealing from the Chinese people. Clearly Xi Jinping’s ability over the last eight years to brutally consolidate power has created a widespread opposition to his rule both within the party and of course among the Chinese people who hate the Chinese Communist Party; they view the communist party as just a corrupt political entity.
- (Miles Guo, August 20) Mr. Bannon’s incident, less than 20 minutes after I got to know about it, all the CCP media, CCTV, all other Chinese communist media, all came out. And another 20 minutes later, all the American media reported it. The CCP media got to know it even earlier than the American did. The CCP’s media coverage was so fast, much faster than their flood relief actions.