When the Hong Kong SAR Government Disqualify 12 Pro-democracy Candidates, They Deny At Least 169,304 Votes from Hongkongers.
Out of the 12 candidates being barred from running for election, 9 of them had joined and won the primary election organized by the pro-democracy camp on July 11 and 12, 2020:
Hong Kong Island:
- Tiffany Yuen (19,844 votes)
- Fergus Leung (14,743 votes)
-Tat Cheng (11,090 votes) Kowloon East:
- Joshua Wong (31,398 votes)
New Territories West:
- Kwok Ka-ki (13,354 votes)
New Territories East:
- Gwyneth Ho (26,802 votes)
- Ventus Lau (26,707 votes)
- Alvin Yeung (25,366 votes) District Council (Second):
- Lester Shum (129,074 votes)
Adding up together, these 169,304 votes obtained by these 9 candidates in the democratic primary are the will of the people of Hong Kong.
Editor’s note: The Carrie Lam government delayed the Legislative Election by a year to Sept 5, 2021.
Source: Tuen Mun Community Network; Cheung Ho-sum