Translator&Reportor: VOG-Translation-Team, Lazyme
Feb 2. Now in China, according to ‘law’, if someone gets the coronavirus, he/she could only choose to be ‘separated’ without good treatment or to be sentenced to death. And if someone talks about the virus online unproperly, he/she could be sentenced by 15-year prison for ‘Inciting subversion of state power.’
The High Court issued an urgent notice, severely punished crimes endangering national security during the epidemic, and sentenced to fifteen years:
Those who use the new coronavirus epidemic to create and spread rumors, incite secession, undermine state unification, or incite subversion of state power and overthrow the socialist system are suspected of violating the provisions of the Criminal Law of the People’s Republic of China and committing the crime of “inciting secession of the state” The crime of inciting subversion of state power “, with a maximum sentence of fifteen years in prison.
In order to give full play to the criminal trial functions of the people’s courts, to maintain a safe and stable social order and the legitimate rights and interests of the people, and to ensure that the various requirements of the Party Central Committee, the State Council and the Heilongjiang Provincial Party Committee and Provincial Government on the prevention and control of the new coronavirus epidemic are smoothly implemented, The Heilongjiang Province People’s high Court issued the “Urgent Notice on Severely Combating Criminal Crimes Related to Epidemic Prevention and Control,” and arranged and deployed criminal trials related to epidemic prevention and control in courts in the province. 36 types of criminal crimes in 9 categories.
1. Crimes against national security
1. Those who use the new coronavirus epidemic to create and spread rumors, incite secession of the country, undermine the unity of the state, or incite subversion of the state power and overthrow the socialist system may be suspected of violating Article 103, paragraph 2, of the Criminal Law of the People’s Republic of China, The second paragraph of Article 105 stipulates that the offense of “inciting secession of the state” and “inciting subversion of state power” are punishable by a maximum sentence of 15 years.
2.Crimes against public safety
2. Intentional transmission of new coronavirus pathogens that endanger public safety may be suspected of violating the provisions of Article 114 and Article 115, Paragraph 1 of the Criminal Law of the People’s Republic of China, and violating the “endangering public safety by dangerous methods” Crime “, the highest sentence is the death penalty.
3. Those who refuse to undergo quarantine, compulsory quarantine or treatment and whose negligence causes the transmission of the new coronavirus with serious circumstances and endangering public safety may be suspected of violating the provisions of Article 115, Paragraph 2 of the Criminal Law of the People’s Republic of China and committing a “negligence” The crime of endangering public safety by dangerous methods “was sentenced to a maximum of seven years.
4. In order to prevent the spread of the new type of coronavirus, unauthorized acts such as setting up a card to intercept, breaking the road or blocking traffic may be suspected of violating the provisions of Articles 117 and 119 of the Criminal Law of the People’s Republic of China. Offenses of “damaging transportation facilities” and “damaging transportation vehicles” are punishable by death.
3. Crimes against public health
5. As a patient who has been infected with or suspected of a new type of coronavirus, the prevention and control measures proposed by the health and epidemic prevention agencies in accordance with the Law on the Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases should be unconditionally implemented. The provisions of Article 10 violate the “offense against the prevention and control of infectious diseases” and are punishable by up to seven years in prison.
6. Illegal practice of medicine without obtaining a doctor’s qualification, causing serious circumstances such as misdiagnosis and treatment of infected patients, carriers of pathogens, suspected patients, or causing cross-infection may be suspected of violating the first paragraph of Article 336 of the Criminal Law of the People’s Republic of China Provisions, the offense of “illegal medical practice” is punishable by a maximum sentence of 15 years.
4. Crimes Disrupting Public Order
7. Violence and threats to prevent staff of state organs and Red Cross staff from performing preventive and control measures such as epidemic prevention, quarantine, compulsory quarantine, and quarantine treatment for the prevention and control of new coronaviruses may be suspected of violating the “People’s Republic of China” According to Article 277 of the Criminal Law, the offense of “obstructing public affairs” is punishable by a maximum sentence of three years.